So maybe your New Years Resolution was to save money or cook at home more often or eat more fish or increase your protein intake or get the kids to eat less junk….. This recipe has it all covered!
Canned salmon is an excellent budget-friendly protein source. Keep an eye out and buy up a bunch when it goes on sale (most grocery stores have sales on a 4 or 5 week cycle). This recipe is so easy and many of the ingredients may already be on hand. It’s a great option when you need a last minute dinner idea. BONUS: they are great for leftovers and they’re perfect as pre-portioned food prep items!
Maybe it was luck or maybe they just love my cooking (it was probably luck), but the kids gobbled up these patties. I may or may not have done the obnoxious Spongebob cackle as I served them. Whatever it takes. WHATEVER. IT. TAKES.
Simple Crabby Patties
Yield: 12 patties
2 – 14oz cans of Salmon (rinsed and drained)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped onions (dried or fresh)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup diced dill pickles
1. Place salmon, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion and garlic into a bowl and combine with your hand.
2. Split mixture into 12 balls (you can make these smaller or larger depending on your needs) and form into patties.
3. Spray large frying pan with non-stick spray and cook patties until browned on both sides.
4. Combine Greek yogurt and diced pickles in small bowl.
5. Serve patties with dollop of Greek yogurt and pickle mixture.
NOTE: This should be my last post with “old” photos! I recently purchased a light box set-up that should make my photography much more bearable!