As I get ready to mark up my March calendar, I thought I would check in with everyone!
So it’s been a while since my last post. I do apologize if I have left anyone hanging. It’s been pretty busy around here. (I’m beginning to think that starting a blog at the same time I’m starting a career and raising a baby was a bad idea. That’s just me though. Always taking on as much as I possibly can!) Here are just a few things going on in the life of this Domestic Rockstar:
1. The Rockstar and I are both blessed to have flexible careers that allow us to care for the kiddos and avoid the high cost of childcare. I still want Dylan to get his fair share of tot-time to socialize so Dylan and I recently attended our first Sumner County Stay at Home Moms meet-up. We went to the local library for a kids reading/singing/dancing time. Dylan was a little leery at first, but then he warmed up. Little Man was even wiggling around and “singing” the whole way home. It was a nice little change of pace to be around other moms. I plan on going again soon. There was a lot of positive energy! Yay!
2. We’ve had quite a bit of bad weather here in TN. The girls were out of school for a full week and a half. Most of the snow days were well warranted… but a few may have been overkill (I’m PA born and bred). Dylan had his first go at sled riding. He was less than thrilled… The Girls and The Rockstar all loved their sledding fun. I am not looking forward to the upcoming electric bill. I did get a good bit of cleaning done during the down time though. You win some and you lose some.
3. We are currently house hunting. Those of you that own your home know how stressful this is and can relate. Our taxes are just about done. We are hoping to get pre-approved this week so we can start making offers soon. It’s not easy finding a house big enough for us, in the school district we want and in our price range. Please send some good vibes this way! Hopefully this time next year I will have gardening post from our new property!
4. It has been a busy work month for me. So thankful for my jobs and my wonderful bosses/coworkers. We spend a lot of time trying to keep on top of our monthly budget while saving for a house. On top of everything else, I am trying to figure out this whole Professional Portfolio Development thing that us RDs must maintain through the CDR. If anyone has any tips, please send them my way.
5. I’ve been slacking on my working out (i.e. walking and keeping track on my Jawbone Up24), but we have been doing pretty good with our grocery shopping and food prep lately. We haven’t really gone out to eat except for the occasional Sunday afternoon nacho run.
6. And finally….Dylan is almost ready to crawl! This all brings me to the main reason I am writing this long overdue post. I read other’s blogs often, very often and I love it. I also love writing this blog…. but sadly right now it’s just not at the top of my list. I am focusing on family and providing for them so (like I have said before) this blog is just a hobby for when I have time. Precious time. I have set some goals for once little man turns the big 1.0 this summer. Two posts a week plus the launch of our Domestic Rockstar recognition program is on the horizon. Please stay tuned. You won’t be disappointed.
***Talk to me!***
What are your big plans this March? Post a pic of your busy calendar and tag #domesticrockstar on your social media platform of choice. My calendar won’t be bare for long!